Classes are offered 2 times each week. General adult session classes are of mixed ability levels for those 15 years and older. Duration is 90 minutes, which includes 1/2 hour of “ki” development exercise and “warm-up.” Following a short break to rehydrate a 1 hour instruction is provided.
The Winter & Spring 2018
Adult Classes (Ages 15 +)
Wednesday & Friday
6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Youth Classes (Ages 7 – 14)
Wednesday & Friday
Beginners Group – 3:45 -4:30 p.m.
Intermediate Group 4:50- 5:25 p.m.
Advanced Group 5:35 – 6:15 P.m.
Classes begin promptly at their scheduled start times. Please arrive at least 10 – 15 minutes before class to provide adequate time to change into workout attire and prepare for instruction.
WHAT TO WEAR:
All students should be prepared to undertake physical activity. We follow etiquette of a traditional Japanese dojo. Proper attire includes a serviceable dogi (martial arts training uniform) colored white or beige.
If you are attending an “Introductory” class or are waiting for the arrival of an “ordered” dogi, please wear loose fitting clothing like sweat pants with an oversized tee shirt.
All students are encouraged to wear a hakama while training. As a traditional dojo the wearing of hakama is considered standard training attire. However, new students of Aikido typically wait until they have reached the rank of 5th kyu (approximately 6 months or more for adults / 4th kyu for youth) before they begin wearing the hakama. Hakama that are colored black, indigo or navy are typical for those training in Aikido.
PLEASE BE SURE TO:
- Remove all jewelry before stepping onto the training area; including rings, bracelets, necklaces, piercing studs etc.. before training on the mat (this is for your and your training partner’s safety),
- Be in good enough physical condition to fully participate (if you have any health related issues first consult your physician before starting to train; and, inform the head instructor of any underlying issues). Note please pace yourself an stay within your physical comfort zone, especially when beginning your training regime,
- Respect the privacy and safety of others present in class,
- Keep “talking” to a minimum during class,
- Follow the directions of the class instructor for everyone’s safety.
MONTHLY DUES: $55.00 for all adults and youth student members *January – December 2018
REGISTRATION: $45.00 (includes first year annual membership in Aikido Schools of Ueshiba) This is a 1 – time cost when first enrolling for Membership.
If you need a training uniform (AIKI-DOGI) the dojo can help you order the correct size and style for $65.00 standard sizes (larger sizes cost slightly more) delivery is usually within 7 – 10 days. Alternatively, you can purchase a white or cream colored dogi at a martial arts retailer on your own.
VISITORS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME: No mat fee is charged while visiting as a guest; however, a contribution to the dojo general fund is always appreciated!
Contact us for more information at (406) 223-8548